Welcome to Yoga Life!
We are happy you decided to join us.
For your first visit, it is best to arrive 15 minutes early so you are not rushed getting into your first class. This will give you plenty of time to sign in, fill out our waiver, and get oriented with the studio. To speed up the check-in process, click here to print the waiver and bring it with you for your first class. On following visits, it is best to arrive at least 5 minutes prior to class so we can get started on time.
How to Find us:
Our entrance is located on the northwest corner of the 221 Main Restaurant building, on Main St. in downtown Saint Joseph. Our entrance door is to the left of the restaurant's entrance door. We are on the second level. The gate and the front entrance door opens 15 minutes before class start times. Come on in and head up the stairs. You have arrived.
Registering for classes:
Pre-registration is not always necessary, but we are limited to 20 spots per class and some classes fill quickly (especially in the Fall-Winter months). On our online schedule, simply click on a class name to register. This reserves your spot. Once you register for a class, one pass will be deducted from your class pass. If you do not have a valid class pass or membership, your reservation will be cancelled OR you can purchase a pass by clicking the button above the schedule and heading to our online store. If you are brand new to the studio and want to take advantage of our new student special: 30 days unlimited for $30, (available for purchase in-studio only, first visit only) your reservation will not be cancelled. Contact Brooke@yogalifesj.com with any questions.
Where to Park:
Free parking is available in front of the building, across the street (all day) and behind the post office (all day). Additional street parking is available around the entire block, but be sure to read the signs, as some are only 2-3 hours.
What to wear:
It is best to wear breathable, fitted clothing that you feel comfortable in. Baggy clothes are not recommended as they may restrict movement into some poses. And, don't worry about footwear because we practice barefoot.
Studio Rules and Etiquette:
1. Turn off cell phones and do not bring them into the studio.
2. Remove shoes prior to entering the studio to start your own process of unwinding and to provide a clean space for everyone to enjoy.
3. Inform your instructor of any injuries or issues you may have prior to class starting. This can include difficulty hearing, difficulty seeing, and learning disabilities.
4. Respect the other students in the space who are here to relax and enjoy a clean and courteous environment. Respect the vibe of the room.
5. No foul language.
6. Practice good hygiene. No heavy perfumes, colognes, or smell of smoke on clothing or bodies.
7. Students are encouraged to not leave class early since the door must remain locked during class for safety and security reasons.
8. If you arrive and the door is locked due to late or early arrival for a class, please do not knock on the door and do not disturb the students and teachers in the studio. The door will always open 15 minutes prior to a class start time.
9. Unroll your yoga mat gently in the studio.
10. Walk lightly and mindfully, especially if people are lying on the floor. If you walk heavy, they feel it.
11. Clean your area after class. This includes used towels, props, and sweat.
12. Respect the teacher’s time and attention.
13. Wear decent yoga clothing.
14. Observe complete silent during Savasana. Inside and outside the studio.
• Our new student special is 30 days of unlimited yoga for only $30! This allows new students to check out as many classes and instructors as they would like and see what works for them.
• Mats are available to rent for $1.
• Blocks, straps, bolsters, blankets, and towels are available for your use.
• In class, we will twist, bend forward and backwards, and maybe even go upside down, so it is best to practice on a mostly empty stomach. Avoid eating a meal 2 hours prior to class.
• We have cubbies and coat hooks where all your belongings can safely be stored and remain undisturbed during class.
• We accept cash and all major credit cards.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us via email or phone.